0% 1-10% 10-50% 50-75% >75% Total
Government 46.15% 6 23.08% 3 7.69% 1 0.00% 0 23.08% 3 13
Industry 35.71% 5 7.14% 1 14.29% 2 14.29% 2 28.57% 4 14
Non-profit organizations 58.33% 7 33.33% 4 8.33% 1 0.00% 0 0.00% 0 12
Other 66.67% 6 11.11% 1 11.11% 1 0.00% 0 11.11% 1 9

Answer Explanations 12

0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government01000
Industry00001
Non-profit organizations10000
Other01000
Occasional re-imbursement of expenses (mostly travel) by Government or Scientific Societies. SciPinion
Expert 12
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government01000
Industry00010
Non-profit organizations01000
Other
I'm a consultant working for the pharmaceutical and food industries in toxicology and pharmacology. I'm also an assistant professor at the University in the same domains.
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government01000
Industry00010
Non-profit organizations01000
Other
NIH, NYU internal funds, Bioreliance
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government00001
Industry01000
Non-profit organizations10000
Other
I work for a state University in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and all my fundings come from government.
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government10000
Industry00100
Non-profit organizations00100
Other10000
I am an independent consultant, and at this time have funding only from American Chemistry Council and from a non-profit organization.
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government10000
Industry10000
Non-profit organizations10000
Other00001
Small projects with contracts to other consulting companies.
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government
Industry00100
Non-profit organizations
Other
Currently, my main work with industry involves participation as a public member on the American Chemistry Council's LRI Strategic Science Team (SST), which is responsible for advising on research concerning development of 21st century testing/exposure methods. A small amount of time is spent consulting on chemicals .
Expert 10
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government00001
Industry10000
Non-profit organizations01000
Other10000
My research funds come from governemental agencies (NSERC, CIHR, IRSST, ANSES and Health Canada) and the Weston Brain foundation. I have no industry funding.
Expert 11
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government10000
Industry10000
Non-profit organizations10000
Other10000
I have closed down my lab last year and have no more research funding due to retirement
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government10000
Industry00001
Non-profit organizations
Other
After spending most of my career in government I have chosen to focus most of my work (probably 90% or more) on working for non-profit organizations and university centers on a pro bono basis, although I am reimbursed for travel. For the remaining 10% or so of my efforts I work for industry clients and am paid for that work. So depending on how you define “funding” affects my answer. Since the term is used here in the context of potential conflict of interest or bias I have chosen “funding” to mean payment. However, if one defined “funding” to also include support for travel the percentages would be 10 - 50% industry, 10-50% non-profit organizations and 10-50% other (i.e. academia on a pro bono basis).
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government00100
Industry10000
Non-profit organizations01000
Other00100
Currently, I have a National Science Foundation (social science) grant for about 35% of my time, spend about 20% doing non-research work for my university (teaching, service, etc.), and the remainder involves independent consulting, expert-witness work, and pro bono work.
0%1-10%10-50%50-75%>75%
Government10000
Industry00001
Non-profit organizations10000
Other10000
i work for a pharmaceutical company.
Comments are closed for this page.